The VeloCloud SD-WAN solution was built on Software Defined Networking (SDN) Principles. As a transport-independent product, it is easy to implement any type of physical transport connection, public or private, like MPLS, Internet/Broadband or LTE
SD-WAN delivers increased network agility and reduces the cost. SD-WAN has its roots in Software Defined Networking (SDN), and VMware SD-WAN by VeloCloud solution is cloud delivered with a separate orchestration plane, control plane and data plane using a secure and scalable network
- Secure network overlay: VMware NSX SD-wan by VeloCloud provides separate control plane and data plane layers improve network service agility by moving intelligence from the data plane into the programmable control plane.
- Scalable, secure cloud network: VMware NSX SD-wan by VeloCloud provides secure connectivity over any type of transport using AES encryption. VeloCloud SD-WAN devices are authenticated to the management plane/Orchestrator, receive business policies, then granted access to the cloud network to join the SD-WAN fabric.
- Virtual service delivery: Velocloud SD-WAN services are deployed from a catalog of applications. These services are delivered at the branch, in the private data center, or in the cloud depending on the type of service.
- Orchestration and analytics: This layer provides management capabilities to configure, monitor and troubleshoot the entire SD-WAN fabric and provides greater visibility of application performance. Integrate with other business applications using ReST API.
VMware NSX SD-WAN by VeloCloud Architecture includes the following solution components:
- VeloCloud Edge: It is a data plane forwarding device sitting at the WAN edge provides secure optimized connectivity to applications in the datacenter from the branches.
- VeloCloud Gateways: Gateway devices are deployed and operated by VeloCloud at cloud data centers around the globe to provide scalability, redundancy, and flexibility. It optimizes data path between Cloud based applications, branches, and data centers by delivering the network services from the cloud.
- VeloCloud Orchestrator: Orchestrator is a Management plane device that will be used for network-wide business policy creation, distribution, and enforcement based on applications, traffic, and network SLA conditions.